Young Ambassadors Programme (YAP)
Do you care passionately about Europe?
Apply to become one of the 50 European Young Ambassadors at the ‘Addressing Europe’s Unfinished Business (AEUB): Tackling polarization, building trust’ event, part of the Caux Forum organized by the CAUX-Initiatives of Change Foundation.
When: 14 - 21 July, 2017
Where: Caux, Switzerland
About the Young Ambassadors Programme (YAP)
The “Young Ambassadors Programme” (YAP) is part of the European Project of Initiatives of Change (IofC), which aims to bring together young people caring about the future of Europe. The progromme consists of two days training designed specifically for the Young Ambassadors (14th-16th July), followed by full participation in the AEUB forum (17th-21st July).
- An opportunity for young Europeans to grow in their personal understanding and commitment to Europe, shared ethical values and one’s personal contribution to a better future.
- Experience the Caux Palace - Conference Centre at Caux, Switzerland, as a place of reflection that provides an opportunity to listen to others and to oneself.
- Strengthen the network of committed Europeans who are working towards change starting with themselves.
The objectives of the YAP Programme
- To give a voice to young Europeans who are passionate to build a common future based on shared ethical values.
- To invite them to contribute to, and promote, a richer mutual understanding of beliefs, values, identity, history and cultures through a collective learning experience.
- To offer an opportunity to enrich themselves and others ethically and culturally, through the sharing of personal experiences.
- Become part of the YAP alumni network
- Explore possibilities of further co-operation and collaboration for follow up activities with other participants
Who should apply
This programme aims to invite young people from all over Europe who are actively and substantively contributing in the discussion about Europe. Young people who demonstrate their active participation through civil society initiatives, NGOs, political organisations and structures are invited to join this forum in order to bring their input, ideas and experiences.
Young people aged 18-25 from countries who are members of the Council of Europe, plus Kosovo*, Kazakhstan and Belarus can apply (see the full list of the countries below).
People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including recently arrived migrants, as well as representatives of minority communities. Should you wish to represent any minority community or group, please specify in your application.
Applicants for the Young Ambassadors Programme are expected to fulfil the below:
- Be present at Caux from 14th July 2017 (4pm) and not leave before the end of the Closing Session on Friday 21st July, 2017 (12.30pm);
- Be actively involved in civil society and other initiatives related to Europe;
- Be able to communicate and work in English;
- Be motivated to contribute to developing new ideas on Europe;
- Be ready to share own challenges faced in their own communities and work about Europe;
- Cover your travel expenses to and from Caux, Switzerland;
- Complying with visa requirements (where applicable);
- Help disseminate the event information among your contacts and on social media;
List of eligible European countries for the Young Ambassadors Programme (YAP) 2017:
Albania - Andorra - Armenia* - Austria - Azerbaijan* - Belarus* - Belgium - Bosnia and Herzegovina - Bulgaria - Croatia - Cyprus - Czech Republic - Denmark - Estonia -.Finland -France - Georgia* - Germany - Greece - Hungary - Iceland - Ireland - Italy - Kazakstan* - Kosovo* - Latvia - Liechtenstein - Lithuania - Luxembourg - Macedonia - Malta - Monaco - Montenegro - Netherlands - Norway - Poland - Portugal - Republic of Moldova - Romania - Russian Federation* - San Marino - Serbia - Slovak Republic - Slovenia - Spain - Sweden - Switzerland - Turkey** - Ukraine* - United Kingdom
- *Designation for “Kosovo” is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence.
- **Note that participants from countries marked with an asterisk (*) are required to apply for a visa to enter Switzerland.
- The program provides scholarships for participation.
- The scholarships cover the conference fee, accommodation and the meals. The scholarship DOES NOT cover the travel to and from Caux (the closest airports are Geneva and Zurich) or visa connected expenses.
- The programme is possible thanks to the support of the Robert Hahnloser Foundation (Switzerland).
Application Procedure and Selection Process
How can I become an AEUB Young Ambassador?
To apply, please:
- Fill in the application form
- Upload your CV
- Submit a short video (90 seconds) in which you briefly state what you see as the most important problem facing Europe today, and outline what you would do about it. Post the video on YouTube (please check further instructions below). Should you prefer another platform please include the link in your application.
By submitting your video you grant AEUB / CAUX-IofC the right to use it on our websites, social media, and quote it in any materials connected to the AEUB forum and the Young Ambassadors Programme.
Application deadline: April 15, 2017 Midnight (CET) time.
We will select suitable candidates on the basis of their personal motivation and the demonstration of their active participation in initiatives and projects related to Europe, seeking regional, gender and other possible diversity. All applicants will be notified of their application results by May 15, 2017.
For more information please contact us at email@example.com
Want to contribute further?
We aim to include in the programme 2 workshops of a maximum of 1.5 hours each, delivered by the YAP participants. If you have a specific workshop or an activity that you are willing to share with your fellow Young Ambassadors during the forum please submit a short paragraph with a description and requirements you may have to deliver the workshop, together with your application. This requirement is not mandatory in order to be selected in the programme.
Use the following instructions to send us your video.
1. Create a Google account if you do not already have one at https://accounts.google.com/SignUp
2. Go to www.youtube.com
3. Click the Upload link at the top of the page.
4. Select the video you'd like to upload from your computer. You can also record a video from your webcam, or create a video slideshow.
5. Once the upload is completed YouTube will notify you that your video is done uploading and processing
6. ADJUST YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS: When you upload a video, by default it’s set as a “Public” video, which means that anybody can view it.
You can easily change the privacy settings while you’re uploading the video in the “Privacy Settings” section. Or, if you’ve already uploaded the video, you can change the privacy settings by following the steps below:
a. Visit your Video Manager
b. Find the video you’d like to change, and then click the Edit button.
c. In the “Privacy Settings” drop down menu, select ‘Unlisted’
d. Click “Save changes”
7. Copy the URL address of the video into your application form