Thursday 9 & Friday 10 November 2017 (Early Bird deadine: 30 Sept 2017)
About Participatory Strategic Planning (PSP)
The Participatory Strategic Planning (PSP) training will teach you 4-stage process (Practical Vision, Underlying Contradictions, Strategic Directions and Implementation Plan) for planning and implementing medium to long-term strategies for teams, departments, communities and organisations. Based on the Group Facilitation Methods training’s Consensus Workshop method for building consensus and the Focused Conversation method for effective group communication, it presents a planning and implementation process for exploring alternatives, developing a framework providing guidance and direction, and defining immediate priorities and actions.
Participants will learn to:
- use methods preventing fire-fighting and problem-solving
- effectively involve people in long-term planning
80% of PSP participants rated this course 8/10 or higher.
Comments from participants’ end-of-course evaluations included:
- this is the best two days you could spend on learning to plan strategically for maximum impact
- provides a great tool to enliven your team and involve them in making commitments to deliver benefits for your organisation – I really enjoyed the course
- great value and a real learning curve