- Friday, 19 May 2017 (Early Bird deadline: 15 April 2017)
About Action Planning (AP)
The Action Planning (AP) training will teach you an 8–stage process to assess and plan a short-term project or event in a participatory way. It gives project managers and event planners an additional tool for being more effective in their work. It will allow you to plan the implementation of your project and generate ownership and commitment in the process.
Participants will learn to:
- Tap into group members’ expertise
- Generate a collective decision on the feasibility of a project or event
- Plan the implementation of a project or event with the team responsible
- Effectively align resources, distribute responsibilities and set deadlines
91% of AP participants rated this course 8/10 or higher.
Comments from participants’ end-of-course evaluations included:
- Helpful for cluster responsibilities in terms of project planning. – Tokareva Alexandra, Senior Programme Officer at GCSP
- The AP workshop is a concrete tool to enable groups and teams to follow a project from inception to victory. – Véronique Sikora, Facilitator & Coach at Weaving Social Fabric and Associate Professor at Business School Lausanne
- This is a concise and useful tool for planning anything from a high-level international meeting, a weekend retreat or an office dinner party. It brings clarity to purpose and prepares participants for effective implementation. – Lara Fuchs
- A good way to put GFM to use & create more shared ownership into planning short term projects. The method also serves as a good team-building exercise in and of itself. – Rainer Gude
- A useful tool for individual’s collective projects. A good method to identify what people are ready & willing to commit to. Provides a visual image of the actions and an opportunity for the team to work/go through the process together. – Anna Krebs
- 3 November 2016: Action Planning Training